Indoor tanning tips tell you the facts and files related to tanning:
· Protecting your eyes, which are extremely sensitive to potentially harmful ultraviolet light . Your eyelids will not tan, they will burn easily. Ultraviolet damage to your eyes is cumulative. Closing your eyes will not protect them from potential ultraviolet damage
· Moisturizing with a proper tanning lotion is very important for your skin. Even moist skin tans better, as the skin absorbs the UVA better and holds the color longer, therefore, moisturize before as well as after each tanning session.
· If you intend to tan naked, gradually increase the exposure to those areas that generally remain covered.
· If you are under any kind of medications, consult your family doctor or pharmacist. There are certain medicines that can cause reactions with UV light. Medicines of blood pressure, any kind of antibiotics, and other skin problem medicines create allergic reactions by the UV rays. Even something you ate for lunch could cause sensitivity to UV rays. (For a list of medications click )
· If you are a beginner, take the assistance of someone who is knowledgeable in the field.
· Smart Tanners know that when the bulbs are new you are to start off at a lower tanning session and gradually work your way up. Once you have obtained a base tan, you should not be tanning every day but 3 times a week at most.
· Know how the skin works. Tanning everyday only damages your skin and doesn’t allow it to naturally rejuvenate itself, which only thickens the skin which prevents the UVA from penetrating the skin. This will result in damaged skin cells but also you will not be able to achieve any more of a tan.
· Legislation is in place to protect the tanning consumer and help educate them on the healthy ways to tan, therefore, you are not permitted to tan prior to 24 hours from your last tanning session. No exceptions are taken at Solarity Tanning Salon when it comes to enforcing the rules and legislation.